Speechwriting: Corporate, Weddings, Retirement

7/3/08

Holding Up the Fort at the David Weichelt - Julie Creagor Wedding

David Weichelt - Julie Creagor Wedding
No, that's not me playing carpenter. Far from it. No, no. Instead, I am helping set things up for the wedding of an old friend, David Weichelt, and Julie Creagor. That's Matteo Palitto keeping his hands warm as I monitor the view from a pergola.

Where? La Vida Loca Winery in Indianola, Iowa.

I have known David for years, and know it was time for him to meet someone, and get married. Easier said than done.

Adam Clark officiated the celebration, and showed himself to be a man of many talents, including serving as a photographer with his father-in-law.

It was a simple country wedding, in the setting of a vineyard in Iowa. My job was to walk these two lovely ladies down the aisle ("One Tooth" Allison and "Two Teeth" Madison) who are far less blurry in real life.

Click to enlarge.

I'm on the end, far right, below.

Weichelt-Creagor Wedding
Click to enlarge.


An exciting trip home found me getting my first speeding ticket in 15 years (68 in a 55), and lost for two extra hours. Bugs came on the windshield hard and fast, sounding like a gentle rain.
Post a Comment