Speechwriting: Corporate, Weddings, Retirement

12/17/08

Excellent Dentist Office Addition - review - Atlantic Monthly

The Atlantic Magazine

I like the Atlantic, but I confess I do not like it enough so that I will continue to subscribe. I read it while awaiting treatment at my dentist's office, while on the train or at a coffee shop. In 45 minutes, I have had my fill. It is otherwise not compelling in its originality or capacity.

The articles are better than most popular magazines. I enjoy Mark Steyn and Mark Bowden, but get tired of Christopher Hitchens' proselytory writing tone.

Occasional issues have been dumbed down, are feel as if they are being geared for the Entertainment Tonight crowd.

The Atlantic is a good read in short spurts, but inconsistent over the entire issue, I now only buy a couple issues a year, at most.

Anthony Trendl
http://anthonytrendl.com/
Post a Comment