Speechwriting: Corporate, Weddings, Retirement

12/28/08

Perfect Tool for a Professional Beginner - REVIEW - Canon Digital Rebel XT 8MP Digital SLR Camera with EF-S 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 Lens (Black)

Canon Digital Rebel XT 8MP Digital SLR Camera with EF-S 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 Lens (Black)

I love the Canon Rebel XT. I use it for work, where I manage communications for a high school. Despite that I have no real camera or photography training, I find the XT comfortable and easy to use. Although the school supplied me with this camera, when I next need to buy one for personal use, there is a good chance this will be my choice.

I'm the chief paparazzo, taking candid pictures of students, teachers and events. We have pro photographers for major things, and they use higher level equipment, but for quick, on-the-spot shots, I grab the XT and am out the door.

Images are clear every time, thanks to the camera accurately predicting what I am interested in. There is an auto/general pictures options, as well as context-specific options (distance, action, close-ups and others). The flash is perfectly timed and is at the correct level for whatever amount of light I need.

The download software is quick, and interfaces with Windows with no conflicts.

All images download as jpegs, so there are no conversion issues. I open them in Adobe Photoshop, and take it from there.

It is small enough to carry discretely, but big enough to get the job done.

I fully recommend the Canon Rebel XT.

Anthony Trendl
http://anthonytrendl.com
Post a Comment