Speechwriting: Corporate, Weddings, Retirement

1/15/09

Running a Marathon: Follow My Adventure on Facebook


While I have a blog dedicated to running, I thought there may be readers who will find this interesting. If you are running your first marathon, join me in my struggle in my Facebook "My First Marathon" group, created just for the occasion. Join and tell me your story? Tips? Caution? Race suggestions?

I thought I'd track my general progress there, and invite others to do likewise. I'll still publish my running exploits here, but the Facebook group will focus entire on the marathon.

Why?
I decided to run my first marathon. Where? I don't know. When? Maybe this fall (2009), but the real goal is to qualify for the Boston Marathon in 2010, and race Boston in 2011.

Can I do it? It will be close. I need to run under 3:21 (for my age group, according to Boston Marathon qualifying standards), and as of yet, I only have raced 5Ks. My best is 21:35, and should be a minute faster to correlate with a 3:21. Many miles, races and blisters are in front of me.
Post a Comment