Speechwriting: Corporate, Weddings, Retirement

4/20/09

Saluting Miss California: She Dared Freedom of Speech Against Intolerant Perez Hilton

Who dares speak against the mighty Perez Hilton?

Who has the gall to say what she thinks?

Who believes something so much, she would trade millions for integrity?

Miss California.

All Perez Hilton could do was name call.

As the king of sell-out, Hilton has no mind of his own. His fame is based on borrowing the fame of others.

Not Miss California's Carrie Prejean. When asked about her thoughts on gay marriage, she decided the freedom of speech was afforded even to beauty queens. Hilton was unable to tolerate this.

"I think it's great Americans are able to choose one or the other," she said. "We live in a land that you can choose same-sex marriage or opposite marriage. And you know what in my country, in my family I think that I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman. No offense to anybody there, but that's how I was raised and that's how I think it should be, between a man and a woman."

I don't know Miss Prejean, or why she holds these views, but I commend her for employing a freedom in a country afraid of freedom.
Post a Comment