Speechwriting: Corporate, Weddings, Retirement

6/15/09

Erik von Brunn's False Paradox

"I loved my father. But what he did was unforgivable," Erik von Brunn, 32, said.

Who is von Brunn? The son of James von Brunn, the white supremacist who is accused of killing a security guard at the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum.

The problem? Unforgiveability.

While I am in no place to suggest the younger von Brunn wants to forgive his father. Suggesting it would be easy would also be in error.

But he should. To claim love and in the next breath claim he cannot be forgiven misses so much.

I never met either man, and do not know what either believes. At best I know what the media is saying they believe. As a Christian, in the worst of situation, I still must forgive. Any less is hatred.
Post a Comment