Speechwriting: Corporate, Weddings, Retirement

8/27/09

Better than Sleeping, Much Better Than Sleeping

The next best thing to waking up is to be in Heaven.

It is an early morning, and a long day of travelling is ahead of me. I woke up hours before I intended, and in several ore hours will pay for this as I drive.

What if I didn't wake up? The goal of sleeping isn't the sleep, but to awake fresh. Only one thing is fresher than a full night's rest. Sleep isn't wicked, but the point's the same.

Maybe you know these famous verses from the Book of Psalms:

O LORD God of hosts, hear my prayer;
Give ear, O God of Jacob! Selah.
Behold our shield, O God,
And look upon the face of Your anointed.

For a day in Your courts is better than a thousand outside.
I would rather stand at the threshold of the house of my God
Than dwell in the tents of wickedness.
(Psalm 84:8-10)
Post a Comment