Speechwriting: Corporate, Weddings, Retirement

12/25/09

Christmas Candles and Away in the Manager



Christmas Eve candle ceremony at Wheaton Bible Church

We sang "Away in the Manger" I used to sing this at the top of my lungs, all shrill and boyful each Christmas at Incarnation Catholic Parish when I was five years-old. This little girl (Kaitlyn, who apparently has a fan in Ozzy Osbourne?) in the video below gives it a shy, tremulating go in a modernized version mixed with the secular "Twinkle Twinkle." She gets the bigger picture. While I never took center stage as she has, with tremendous excitement and joy I lifted my voice. Whenever I hear the song now I find myself going back to 1971, the left aisle, two thirds back from the front.

Merry Christmas.



My less pious greeting to you all at the end of this little Santa video.


Post a Comment