3598 W US Highway 90, Lake City, FL 32055-4870
I stayed here November 20, 2017. Mary, the attendant, was inattentive, out of touch and seemed to be on a personal call as I arrived. She was so bad, I wouldn't hire her to do even the most menial task, lest she be challenged beyond her scope.
They sent me to an occupied room. My key card worked. Bags were on the bed. The occupant was in the shower. I'm lucky he or she didn't see me and come out with a gun. Mary then sent me next to a similar room.
- Dead bugs and dirt on bathroom floor.
- Scum on bathtub floor.
- Toilet seat broken.
- Shower curtain shade rusted.
- The room smelled of mildew, smoke and cheap air freshener (I requested non-smoking).
- The microwave was surrounded by crud and scum.
- The beds, though made, didn't feel dry, as if they were in a sauna before hanging.
- Dirt and stains were on the dresser.
- The internet didn't work (I called and it was switched on 15:00 later)
- The phone didn't work (I called from my phone and it never was fixed)
- Smokers surrounded the room. I was gagging on the way in.
- Neha Desai, the front desk manager, gave me a weak, canned apology and $30 discount as I left.
- Their (Baymont HQ) Twitter account manager basically said because it is independently owned, they won't get involved. Essentially, "call the hotel directly." They did this in a DM, unseen by customers.
As we left at 7:00 am, we got out ASAP. We skipped breakfast and dared not risk disease taking a shower. My first grader was miserable and hungry and we all stank from the previous day's drive.
I will avoid Baymont completely in the future lest my health be jeopardized.